This series deals with rapture related and eschatological events that should come to pass shortly. We have shown lots and lots of scriptures which proves that the second coming of Jesus would happen only after the great tribulation towards the end of this age. Sad to say that our TPM Fanatic friends are confused about this subject. This is caused by the deceptive interpretation of The Pentecostal Mission cult leaders regarding the vision in Rev 12.
The interpretation of The Pentecostal MIssion regarding this chapter is one important screw that holds fast the overarching cult power over their laity. We will scripturally prove how deceptive and faulty is that interpretation. In our Venom Removal Series, we are traversing through each book of the bible where we are showing that Jesus is the main factor of the Scriptures. What TPM’s doctrine is doing is, removing Jesus as the main factor and putting their own clergy as the Main factor of the scripture. The Interpretation of Rev 12 is another such attempt to subdue Jesus as the sum and substance of the Scripture.
In this article, we will expose how inconsistent is TPM’s interpretation. In the next article, we will also give our understanding of this vision. However, unlike TPM, we are not bound by any dogmatism. We are flexible to change our position if we are shown a better interpretation which syncs up with the scripture.
Let us review the pictorial representation of the vision.
A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. 3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron sceptre.”[a] And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days. Rev 12:1-6
Summary of TPM’s Interpretation
The Pentecostal Mission interprets the woman as the “New Testament Church”. They do not consider the people in the Old Testament as members of the Church of God. As per TPM, the Old Testament Saints are a sub-standard category group. They consider the Seven-Headed Dragon as Satan. After that, the man child that is born is interpreted as the Victorious Church. Though they do not say it explicitly, you can understand that the so-called “Man Child Victorious church” is their Clergy and the cream of their laity, if you read between the lines.
They go on to claim that the “Man Child Victorious church” would be raptured leaving behind the Woman Church which is assumed to be a defeated entity. They sometimes refer to this woman as the “Left Behind” Church. This woman will then be tortured and persecuted by Satan for 1260 days(3.5 years) and then they will be martyred. Following which there will be a mid-tribulation rapture which will result in part of the woman being taken up(the ones that pass the supplementary exam). TPM’s doctrine inserts a mid-tribulation rapture for the supposed “Tribulation Martyrs”. Their doctrine assumes that the great tribulation period is a 7 year period. Their doctrine also goes on to say that a portion of the Woman will align with Satan and be working for him.
My Questions to ardent TPM Fanatics.
If I have summarised the TPM Point of view different than the official position, please correct me. Following are my questions which have not yet been answered by the Clergy or the Top TPM Laity.
- How do you arrive at an interpretation of symbolic passages as in Revelation?
- Do you take the clear passages of the scriptures as a benchmark,
- or Start a new story to fit your doctrine?
- Where did you arrive at the inference of a Victorious Church vis-a-vis a Failed church?
- Which Scriptural passage tells you that there is a Failed Church out of which a Victorious church will come out?
- Why is the Failed Church depicted as a heavenly being, clothed with the Sun and standing on the Moon? From the TPM Interpretation, I understand that the woman was Destined to Fail and she could not have done anything to avoid it.
- The Church in the rest of the scripture is depicted as a woman.
- How come that the Victorious church in TPM’s interpretation is depicted as a Male?
- Are you telling us that Females represent defeat and Males represent Victory?
- Is such a view supported by other passages of the scripture?
- TPM’s interpretation adds the term “Victorious” to define the male child. However, the scriptures do not give that adjective. What is your motive to add the term “Victorious” to the male child?
- Is not Victory the result of a battle?
- How come the woman is not classified as Victorious whereas the Male Child is?
- Which was that Battle where the Male Child(TPM Clergy and Cream Laity) went through, that made it Victorious?
- Which was that Battle the women (Left Behind)went through, which made her NOT VICTORIOUS(Defeated)?
- Which scripture passage do you find a clear message that there will be a Mid-tribulation Rapture?
- Which Scripture passage do you find that the great tribulation will be a 7-year long tribulation?
- Which Scriptural passage supports you in your doctrine that there will be a second chance for the failed church(Woman)?
I would request our readers to help me with the reply to the questions above. I have asked these questions to TPM Clergy and faithful laity alike. Every time they squeeze out of the situation by getting angry, feigning busy, or saying “God Knows”. If your doctrines cannot be supported by scriptures, it’s not worth contending for. I consider all TPM Specific doctrines as tools of intimidation and slavery. This Revelation 12 passage interpretation of The Pentecostal Mission is also one of such.
To be continued…..