This part of the rapture series is a deviation from our earlier articles where we were refuting the document of Richard L Mayhue. This is because of a special request by Bro John Wesly who wanted to know our view about the Seven Orders of Resurrection as taught by TPM. As Richard does not bother about that TPM Specific topic, we are obliged to insert this article for our readers in TPM churches.
Let us see what TPM Teaches in their Sunday school regarding this topic. This is an excerpt from Std 9 chapters 13 and 14
- The First Order: The Lord Jesus Christ
(I Cor.15:20). He knew no sin (II Cor.5:21). He did no sin (I Pet.2:22). In Him was no sin (I Jn.3:5). He was holy, harmless and undefiled (Heb.7:26). He was tried and tempted and found upright (Heb.4:15).
- The Second Order :The Church which is known by such names as the glorious Church (Eph.5:27), the perfected saints (Eph.4:12,13), the victorious manchild (Rev.12:5), the perfect in Christ Jesus (Col.1:28), and those wholly sanctified in body, soul and spirit
At the Secret Coming of our Lord, the dead among them will be resurrected first and then they that are alive will be transformed and caught up to meet the Lord in the air (I Thess. 4:16,17).
- The Third Order: The martyrs of the Tribulation period (Rev.7:9-14; 14:14-16). They are those who are not caught up at the Secret Coming of Jesus but are left behind. They are persecuted by the Antichrist and die as martyrs. They are referred to as the ‘wise virgins’ who go forth to meet Jesus when He comes with His Bride (Matt. 25:1-10). They will be resurrected at the end of the first three and a half years of the Tribulation. Jesus will appear in a cloud to gather these martyrs.
- The Fourth Order: The two witnesses (Enoch and Elijah) (Rev.11:3-12). Their resurrection will take place during the second three and a half years of the Tribulation. Enoch and Elijah who were taken up without tasting death, will return to the earth to preach during this period and will be killed by the Antichrist, and will then be raised up, after three and a half days. They are the firstfruits of the Old Testament.
- The Fifth Order: All the saints of the Old Testament and the general martyrs (Rev.11:18,19; 6:9-11). They will be resurrected at the end of seven years’ tribulation, when Jesus comes with His saints, to reign on this earth for a thousand years, and every eye shall see Him.
In the order of Resurrection, the sixth and seventh orders are called the ‘Second Resurrection’. This takes place after the Millennial Reign at the White Throne Judgment.
A great white throne is set in heaven and Jesus sits on it. Heaven and earth flee away from His presence and all the dead, small and great, stand before Him. The books are opened and the book of life also is opened. The dead are judged out of those things which are written in the books according to their works (Rev.20:11,12; Matt.25:31-46).
- The Sixth Order: Those who are saved and whose names are written in the book of life but are not partakers of the First resurrection, are raised up in the sixth order and they inherit eternal life (New Earth) (Rev.20:13-15; Matt.25:31-40).
- The Seventh Order: The wicked whose names are not written in the book of life are raised up and they go away into everlasting punishment (Lake of Fire). (Rev.20:13-15; Matt.25:41-46).
I think that TPM has a fixation with Number 7. Therefore they had to put up the seven resurrections just as they have the Seven Steps of Salvation. Therefore, we need to just study the scriptures if this doctrine matches with the intent of the scriptures. Unfortunately, they could not find Seven Places in Eternity. Therefore they had to stop with Five. I am sure, that People like Teju and MT Thomas will invent new places to fill up the gap.
You can take your time and go through the references that are quoted in the TPM Sunday School Book. I do not see them anyway identifying any particular resurrection apart from the ones in Revelation 20 and 1 Thess 4 which are the same. The rest are all their inventions. Please be serious to go through those scriptures and identify different Orders of Resurrection as taught by TPM. I could not find those seven orders as taught by TPM.
Resurrections as per the Bible
Any serious Bible Student will not be able to ignore 1 Cor 15:23 to build up any doctrine about Resurrection. What we see in the TPM Sunday School book is amazing as they have chosen to ignore the contents of this verse as it DOES NOT SUPPORT their SEVEN ORDERS of RESURRECTION.
But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterwards they that are Christ’s at his coming. 1 Cor 15:23
In a very plain sentence, Paul is saying that the people who belong to Christ will be resurrected at his coming. He does not split resurrections into multiple layers and multiple comings. What is so difficult to understand in the above verse unless you want to confuse people with your agenda?
In our earlier articles, we had clearly explained that there is no Secret Coming and there is only One Coming and that will be on the Day of the Lord. In the same day, Jesus will comfort the Troubled Ones and recompense the ones who troubled his church through Tribulations.
You may read the following articles to know about that.
The Day of Resurrection
The Resurrection happens on the Last day of this age. That day is a 1000 year long day(Rev 20:4-6, 2 Pet 3:8) and on that day you will not be able to distinguish between night and day(Zechariah 14:1,6-7). That day is also called the Last Day. This same day has been referred to as the Day of the Lord too. The Righteous will be resurrected at the beginning of the Last day and the Wicked will be resurrected after the Last Day. The resurrection of the Righteous is called the FIRST RESURRECTION(Rev 20:5 ) and the Wicked are resurrected at the White Throne Judgement( Rev 20:12-13 ). As far as I see, there are only Two More resurrections and they are separated by 1000 years. These two resurrections are also mentioned in Daniel 12: 2, Acts 24:15, John 5:28-29.
As mentioned in Matthew 24:29-31 we know that this Last day starts with Cosmic signs. As per TPM, Four resurrections would already have been completed by then. But they have no scripture to back up their statements. Now listen to what Jesus said. This is important for you and me.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the LAST DAY. John 6:54
Do you think that Jesus is going to come before that Last Day and raise up a few TPM Saints and Believers 7 years before that? Now let us continue with few more verses about the Last Day Resurrection.
And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing but should raise it up again at the LAST DAY. John 6:39
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the LAST DAY. John 6:40
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the LAST DAY. John 6:44
This same resurrection in the Last Day is explained by Paul in 1 Thess 4:13-18. TPM Needs to know that every new reference in the bible about a topic does not require a new classification as they have done with Resurrection and many other doctrines.
Because he hath appointed a day(The Last Day/The Day of the Lord), in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead(the first fruit Jesus). Acts 17:31
My Question to ardent TPM Devotees.
Now that you know Jesus will raise his people at the LAST DAY which is after the Tribulation period. How do you plan to be resurrected before the tribulation period? All kinds of replies are welcome.
TPM is caught in a Catch 22 situation. As they have already allocated places for different people in eternity, they are forced to split the resurrection of people too. The scripture does not come with all those weird categorizations. It always comes with simple formulas and easy to understand concepts. Needless to say, TPM complicates simple things to exploit their ignorant believers. Better late than never.
Listen to this audio and let me know your comments.