This is the third part of our series – the Carnal life of TPM believers. In this part, we will begin with
1) an article by Aiden Wilson Tozer, then we will show you 2) dual camera functioning of TPM, and lastly, we will see how TPM believers 3) carnally read their bibles.
- Christ of Utility: Experts from Aiden Wilson Tozer
- Dual Camera functioning of TPM
- Carnal Reading of Bible
Christ of utility: TPM believer’s attempt to make Jesus Aladdin’s Lamp
Do TPM believers follow Christ who is Son of God or is the Christ of TPM a false Jesus? Read the article below in the green colour. (Note: I have injected word “TPM pastors” in between to make it contextual to TPM believers. Please purchase the original book “Roots of Righteousness” to read the original article.)
Tozer writes, “Our Lord forewarned us that false Christ should come. We must, therefore, be extremely careful that the Christ we profess to follow is indeed the very Christ of God. There is always danger that we may be following a Christ who is not the true Christ, but one conjured up by our imagination and made in our own image. In TPM’s eagerness to lead men to ‘accept Christ’ they are often tempted to present for acceptance a Christ who is little more than of “that holy thing” which was conceived by the Holy Ghost born of Virgin Mary. Christ which has been popularized by modern evangelicals is one to whom if a proper amount of prayer is made, would help the pious boxer to knock off another boxer in a ring. The Christ presented by these evangelicals helps high jump athlete not only to secure the first position but also set a new world record. They have popularized the Christ who can make the praying businessman compete and secure the government contract while defeating another businessman. They preach a Christ who can help an actress get a role in a movie so lewd that brings blood to the face of a professional prostitute.
Thus our Lord becomes the Christ of utility – a kind of Aladdin’s lamp to whom one only needs to just rub a little and he will do miracles as you demand- only obey the summons to him and attend the church the evangelical has established (TPM in our case). The whole purpose of God in redemption is to make us holy and to restore us to the image of God. To accomplish this, he disengages us from earthly ambitions and draws us away from the cheap and unworthy prizes that worldly men set their hearts upon. A holy Man would not dream of asking God to help him beat an opponent boxer to win the competition. No man in whom the Spirit dwells could bring himself to ask Lord to help him knock another man for filthy lucre or plaudits of vulgar spectators. To teach that Christ will use his HOLY POWER to help us obtain our earthly interest in business and for making money is to wrong our Lord and injure our own souls. This is the prosperity preaching of evangelicals of our times, – the good news of blessings. Jesus our Lord has now been made as Aladdin’s lamp – who will fulfil all the needs of people!
Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. 1 Tim 6:5
Dual Camera Function of TPM
In the comment section of our previous article, one believer (Johnson) said, “In our TPM church our brother always insists to pray for spiritual blessings than material blessings…” Within this context, I present you dual camera functioning of TPM. Do you know basic working of the dual camera? A dual camera works by combining images from two cameras. One takes a detailed photo of the object in focus while another camera takes background image and blurs it. The resultant image has blurred out background and object of focus presented before your eyes. Look at the picture below. Flowers are the object on which you are made to concentrate on and leaves blurred out.
Likewise in TPM workers will talk of “spiritual blessings” but the truth is kept at background blurred out! They present a combo pack of “blessing of richness + spiritual blessings” in the foreground, but righteousness is blurred out in the background. What TPM calls spiritual blessings is actually RELIGIOSITY. Religiosity means practising all forms of religion, like attending TPM meeting (going to the temple), reading the bible (religious scriptures), donate money to TPM (like donating to Tirupathi/Velankanni) etc. When you do these things you are called a spiritual person in TPM. But True righteousness in the Bible means loving others as Christ loved us, helping poor, needy, visiting people in prison etc. It means if you have two clothes give one to him who has none. It means if you have 15,0000 Dirhams and you need only 6000, then you find a person who has no money and needs it and give it to him (for more details read this ). We do not find this kind of righteousness in TPM(check this). Therefore TPM believer’s brains are like a dual camera which focuses on material richness and religiosity highlighted in the foreground and the true fruits of love, mercy and justice are blurred out in the background! Righteousness is the object of a distant galaxy in TPM.
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Matt 15:9
Carnal Reading of Scriptures
Apostle Paul says that men who are carnal, cannot receive things of Spirit, because things of the Spirit are to be grasped spiritually (I Corinthians 2:14). When we say TPM believers are Carnal then it means they see spiritual things from their carnal understanding. They read the bible (spiritual words) with Carnal eyes. They cannot receive things of spirit (message of the Bible). Let us see few examples of TPM people’s carnal reading of scriptures. God knew such people will come in the last days, therefore, instructed us to STUDY the scriptures rather than just plain READING as we see in Modern Christendom.
STUDY to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15
- Exchanging bible? For carnal TPM ministers forsaking father mother and everything means literally forsaking them at cruel hands of old age. By the term “forsaking everything” they even exchange a literal copy of bible they have, with another newcomer to ministry. Isn’t that weird? They take literal translation for the word “forsake everything.” And then we see the double standard when it comes to taking up of cross daily. I don’t understand why don’t they take up a literal wooden cross and begin walking if forsaking parent is to be literal and forsaking even their own bible?
- No Sunstroke, No pestilence, No evil befall thee? When TPM believers read Psalm 91:5, “Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence …. nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday,” then they think God has promised to protect them from sunstroke, plagues etc. How carnally they interpret this verse? If Psalm 91 is about physical protection from natural accidents then what about verse 13? There is no second statement that when such things don’t befall us we should be thankful to God; But to think that this verse as a promise made by God to protect us from physical protection, is to be thankful to God for petty things when we should be thankful to him for more precious goodness mentioned here (Listen to this message patiently)
- Hindu friends take on Revelation 14: According to my Hindu friend “meaning of virgin” is having no sexual relationship. This is a literal natural meaning of word virgin. Now, if you give revelation 14 to be read to your Hindu or Muslim friend and ask him what he thinks is meaning of it, then he will say exactly what TPM workers say. What is the difference between you and him? Why should I call you believers spiritual, when you read the bible with the same understanding as a Hindu or Muslim friend reads it? Where is the spiritual illumination? A Hindu/Muslim friend cannot understand that woman in the bible is symbolic to church married to Christ. He has no knowledge that there is a chaste spotless virgin and adulteress apostate woman, spoken about in the bible. Does he know that Apostle Paul has said that I have espoused church (married believers) to Jesus as a chaste virgin? So what is the difference between you and him if you both look at spiritual words with fleshly eyes? If “defilement by the woman” in Revelation 14, means a Christian having sex his wife, then Christian marriage is bed defiled! This makes Hebrews 13:4 false. However if Heb 13:4 is true, that “Christian marriage as holy (bed undefiled),” then the virgin in revelation 14 is about people undefiled by indoctrination of adulteress woman Jezebel of Revelation 2:20 or of Revelation 17. A spiritual person must at once understand the spiritual symbolism of word woman in the bible and what defilement with apostate woman church means!
Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. Matt 22:29
The list for carnal understandings of TPM people is too lengthy. It includes understanding “church” in scriptures, as building made of brick and mortar; reading “house of God” as house where TPM workers live; reading “worship in spirit” as shouting in tongues; reading “defilement with woman” as having sex with one’s spouse; forsaking everything means exchanging bible; and the list goes on and on. For them “spirituality” means practising religiousness. Petty things of earth on which carnal people of the world set their eyes upon are “blessings of God” to them. They think God uses his Holy Power to make TPM believers have the rags to riches story. Who will remove the scales of carnality from their eyes?