According to one story in Greek mythology, there was a man named Narcissus. He was a very Handsome man. But he used to despise others. One day he came by a lake and stooped down to drink water from it. In the lake, he saw the reflection of his own image. He saw his own beauty and was so engrossed in praise of his own beauty, that he found it impossible to take his eyes away from the lake. He fell into the lake and died while beholding and applauding himself. There are people in this world who are extremely fond of their own selves. They always keep proclaiming their own achievements. They will say things like, I went there and did this. I am like this. I love this. I am an expert at that. I love such and such things. These people are self-absorbed. They love to talk all good about themselves. They are called as Narcissists. Adolf Hitler, King Alexander, King Henry VII, Prime Minister Modi, Donald Trump are few who are famous for their Narcissistic nature.
Observe at the following statement of President Trump where he displays the narcissistic spirit.
“No one respects women more than me. No one reads the Bible more than me. Nobody knows more about taxes than me. I am the least racist person you’ll ever meet. Nobody knows more about trade than me. I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain.”
This is called self love or Narcissism. In psychology, this self-love is called as collective Narcissism when a group instead of an individual behaves in this way.
Narcissistic spirit in TPM
TPM workers are so madly in love with their not marrying, leaving parents, not taking medicine that you will find them 24×7 speak about what they do and how they are superior to others. Have you seen them deal with a new soul? When they visit a new family they will ask them to open Luke 14:26 to the passage where Jesus says “if any man hates not his father mother… He cannot be my disciple…” They begin by showing that they are true disciples and the others are inferior people. Then they will tell how they live on faith, not on salary. Then they will say for past xyz number of years, not a single medicine has entered my body. Then they will say servants of God wake up at 4.am and pray for you. They also pray for believers at 10 PM before going to sleep. Their gospel to new souls begins by telling about themselves.
Participate in their worship meetings and you will find them singing songs “Who are these 144000 who have fathers name written on the forehead.” They will keep periodically prophesying about the great calling of Zion. They will preach sing and publish about themselves as Zion the most desirable object of eternity. In short, whatever they do they keep harping about their charming attributes and actions. How true are words of Apostle Paul “in last days men will be LOVERS OF THEMSELVES (Narcissists)… (2 Tim 3:2)” In Zion TPM’s idol series we showed you how much TPM loves their own glory. Here are few samples for your remembrance.
- “ The joy of the whole earth is mount Zion (Ps 48:2). One day the saints of Zion will be taken away from this world (at the rapture). When that happens, joy also will be taken away from this world. There will be absolutely no joy left in the world. All that will be seen in the world will be fights, quarrels, bloodshed and famine. Then the world will understand what Psalm 48:2 means” (Zion, The Perfection of Beauty)
- “No one could learn the song of Zion (Rev 14:3). What is the meaning of that? Others cannot live this highest spiritual life.” (Zion, The Perfection of Beauty, Page 34
- If you do not love Zion, you will love the wrong things. (Zion the perfection of beauty)
- Those who love Zion will never backslide (Zion the perfection of beauty)
- “If you do not believe in Zion, then you cannot obtain this salvation.….Ordinary, carnal people cannot preach this Gospel. (Voice of Pentecost, Nov 1975)
- Only if we love Zion can we love God more and more (Zion the perfection of beauty)
Narcissism (self-love) in scriptures
Scripture says that the anointed cherub was also a self-lover. We read in Ezekiel “Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty…[Ezekiel 28:17].” Nebuchadnezzar was also a self-lover. He made an image of himself of 666 dimensions (60 height and 6 width). He praised his own achievements by saying “Is not this great Babylon, that I have built …by the might of my power (Dan 4:30)?” Beast which arises from bottomless pit is also expected to be narcissists (self-lover). He will make people sing “Who is like unto the beast. Who can make war with him (Rev 13:4)” TPM also makes people sing the same song. Check it below.
|English Hymn No 340||The Beast makes people sing songs of his own praise|
|1. Who can belittle decry from Zion|
2. Who can resist and defy great Zion
3. Who can dishonour the song of Zion
Who is like unto the beast.
Who can make war with him (Rev 13:4)”
Narcissism or self-love is contrary to the spirit of scriptures. Scriptures teach us to love God and our neighbours as we love ourselves. A true servant of God uses every opportunity to glorify God, to present Christ to the world, but Narcissist ministers latch at every opportunity to proclaim themselves.