One of the signs that a denomination cares more about their name and fame more than the Truth can be found in the way they handle scandals. Churches like RCC and TPM care more about their name because their foundation is exclusivity. Most of the believers are bound to the denomination because they think this is the purest of all churches. They proudly proclaim that there is no other church like this one. Any threat that undermines the exclusivity will be covered up. All they care is that they have to show on the outside that there is no other denomination purer than this.
TPM claims to be apostolic. So the least we can expect is that TPM handles scandals in the church in a similar way that the early church did. Let’s do a comparative study and see how Paul dealt with sin in the church and how TPM deals with sin in the Church. Surely if TPM’s claim to apostolicity has some merit, there must me at least a small similarity in how they deal with similar circumstances? We all know by now how Pas Sunny George sins were covered up and the Church was ordered to act like nothing at all had happened.
What did Paul advice?
- “Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this?” (1 Cor 5:2)
- “I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this.” (1 Cor 5:3)
- “Hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.” (1 Cor 5:5)
- “Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch” (1 Cor 5:7)
- “But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.” (1 Cor 5:11)
- “Expel the wicked person from among you.” (1 Cor 5:13)
What did TPM do?
- Step 1 – Change the story and transfer the “saint” to a different location so that he can continue in his lifestyle of abuse.
- Step 2 – Threaten the witnesses of dire consequences if the matter is revealed outside the walls of the church.
- Step 3 – Make sure inflow of tithe is constant
Listen to the latest sermon given by the new center pastor of Dubai soon after Sunny George was removed.
“They served God with their substance. Why does God give you substance? It is not to go away from God or to become like the prodigal son. But we have to minister the Lord by the substance God has given us“
TPM tries to damage control and makes sure the inflow of money remains constant in Dubai even though before their very eyes, they have seen their hard earned money flushed down the drain. It takes a special kind of deception to fool the masses at this level. God has indeed blessed you to bless others, but don’t bury your head in the sand and act like you don’t care what TPM does with your money. You are answerable to God.
- Step 4 – Use fear and intimidation to make sure the disgruntled believers don’t leave the denomination.
“Until you are exalted, you have to be under the hand of your master. You shouldn’t go anywhere“
The implication here is that you have to remain in TPM and not leave the denomination. Clearly, the TPM hierarchy has sensed that people will start leaving the church seeing the way they handled the situation. So they resort to the only thing they know how to keep them within the church – fear, and intimidation.
- Step 5 – Double down, then twist an Old Testament passage to make sure the enslaved remain enslaved
“God brings the people of God from such places (like India) and bring them to faraway places (like Dubai) so that they may be free in some aspects at the same time making them slaves to saints.”
This has got to be one of the most atrocious thing ever heard from a TPM pulpit. If anything, we are slaves to God.
“But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God” (Romans 6:22)
And not slaves to men
“You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings.” (1 Cor 7:23)
But sadly, TPM believers are indeed slaves to their saints. They take every decision in life after taking permission from their “saints”. It’s almost as if prayer is rendered redundant in a TPM believer’s life. No matter how much they pray about a matter, a conclusive answer will be received only after asking their saints. Is this why the veil was torn?
“Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” (Heb 4:16)
Comparing the two incidents did Pas. Abraham tell the church at Dubai to go into mourning and put out of fellowship the man who was caught in homosexuality? No. TPM, on the other hand, has transferred the person in question to a different location.
The judgment TPM passes will be on those who open up about the scandal saying God will punish those who speak a word against the “consecrated servants of God”.
The yeast in TPM has been growing through the years. Is it any wonder that iniquity has been increasing in TPM as the years go by? In a few weeks, we’ll have the same man bless the communion bread and wine and announce those who take medicine should not sit at the Lord’s Table. This is just the opposite of how Paul handled the scandal in the church at Corinth.
Dear TPM believer,
Are you still willing to call TPM “apostolic” and your saints “apostles”? You say TPM has “apostolic” doctrines. Yet we have shown in many of our articles that TPM’s doctrines are not found in the early church and therefore not apostolic. You even say there is no other church on earth with such “deep truths”. Yet, when pressed to list out these “deep truth” in Scripture you are unable to do so.
So ask yourself this,
- Why are TPM’s doctrines and practices so inconsistent with the early church and the early apostles?
- Why do you care so much about your church’s name when Paul didn’t care about it in dealing with incest in Corinth?