It is taught in TPM that only TPM workers and believers are led by Spirit of God and all other Pentecostals are deceived by some other spirit. In this article, we will challenge TPM believers and saints to check whether they themselves are led by Spirit of God or not (especially Centre Pastors)? As I was browsing through youtube, I found the testimony of a sister in Telugu, about her visit (in trance) to heaven and hell. A little bit of search on the internet revealed that this was not the only occasion when a believer from TPM underwent such an experience. There are many such testimonies available on the internet (I am talking about people from TPM and not about people from other churches). You can find few links at the end of the article. For our consideration, we will consider testimonies of two TPM workers.
The Nagpur Center Pastor’s favorite Past time
It has been heard that Pastor Shyam Sunder is encouraging such testimonies of heaven and hell. Young worker brothers/sisters and new believers are deluded to believe in such false visions. Being deluded, they, in turn, play part in spreading these false visions. Not only Pastor Shyam Sunder but late Chief Pastor T. U. Thomas had also advocated such false visions of hell and heaven. In his message on heaven and hell Pastor T. U. Thomas supported Mary Baxter and other heaven/hell travelers. Pastor T.U. Thomas had a great influence all over the TPM world. Pastor Shyam is also widely known in TPM. He has a great influence in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Delhi, Nagpur, Baroda. If Chief Pastors and Centre Pastors encourage and spread such false visions, then what about other TPM workers and believers, who take their word as a word from God?
What does the scripture say?
We will give scriptural references to prove that these visions cannot be from God and Holy Spirit. This will indicate that TPM Chief Pastors and Centre Pastors are not always led by Spirit of God.
- Did God change his decision: In the story of Lazarus and the rich man, the rich man makes a request to Abraham. He suggests that somebody from “Otherworld” must be sent to earth to give witness about the reality of hell and the torment one has to face there (Luke 16:27-28, 30). To this suggestion of rich man, Abraham responds negatively. Abraham says, though one rose from dead yet people on earth will not be repent. If they obey not Moses and prophets (verse 31) then they will not listen to any testimony from hell visitor. Therefore it is crystal clear that God is not interested in taking people to hell and then asking them to give witness to people on earth about the reality of hell. Yet these heaven-hell visitors claim that God asked them to go on earth and be a witness!
- Picnic place for demons? These visions reveal, that demons are kings and owners of hell! The brother who gave testimony said, “demons were putting rods in eyes of people” and the sister who went for a trip to hell said, “demons were frying people in hell, like we fry papadams.” However, Bible reveals that a hell is a place for punishment of devil and his angels (Matt 25:41) and it is not a place of picnic and fun for them, where they can fry people like pappadam. These trance visions are a mockery of God’s place of punishment as if demons have no effect of flames of hell on them!
- Great Gulf between Heaven and hell: These heaven and hell travelers tell us that they went first to hell and then to heaven or vice versa. Now look at what bible says “Luke 16:26 …. between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.”
- Necromancy: These visitors to heaven and hell tell that they had a chat with the People whom they know who have died. This is necromancy and it is prohibited in Bible and abhorred by God (Deuteronomy 18: 11,12).
- Parallelism outside Christianity. You won’t find the extra-biblical detailed narration of hell anywhere in the bible. Believers are asked by the apostle to refrain from these things (Col 2:18, I Corin 4:6). However these details are available in pagan sources like list of punishment in hell in Garuda Purana (Hindu literature – like frying in oil, torments by snakes, torment by scorpions, being beaten with stripes…), in Mahavir’s vision of hell (Jain literature), in visions induced by Astral Projections, and in visions seen by Roman Catholicism (receiving apparition of Mary, lady Fatima etc).
- Supporting False Gospel of salvation by works: Finally, these false visions of heaven and hell seem to spread TPM (man-made) rules, as God’s standard of judgment (as if God is going to judge the world, using these man-made rules)! These people tell things like – he was burned in hell, or tormented by serpents and scorpions because she wore ornaments, or acid was put on her face because she used to make up, or angels put rod in eyes of men who committed adultery with eyes, or angels tormented people who danced to filmy songs and so on. These man-made rules are in stark opposition to the true gospel which Jesus and Apostles preached. Apostle Paul questioned the believers in the church at Colosse, “why are you subject to rules and ordinances like touch not this or handle not that ….which rules although appear as wise words but are of no use to keep man holy (Col 2:20-23 paraphrased).”
Because these travelers of heaven and hell are still alive, and we don’t want to humiliate them by taking their name in public. Therefore we have refrained ourselves from naming brother and sister who went through this vision. We feel pity for the deception in which they fell. Our intention is to expose what is heretical and dangerous and at the same time we are taking precaution as to not humiliate anyone. We have named Pastor Shyam Sunder’s name not to humiliate him, but because we want TPM devotees to make this news reach his ears and thereby put a hold to his superstitious spirit. We pray that TPM believers and ministers may realize the fatal mistake of blindly believing any spirit, prophecy, dream or vision and be established in true gospel.
A year back, there was a testimony of a sister who claimed to have gone into a trance and went and came back with lots of weird doctrines like Watching TV is sin and many such legalistic things. The whole intention was to prove the supposed doctrines and dictates of TPM is divine. TPM was promoting it by recording CDs and distributing all over the place. One of my TPM friend send me a copy as well. But what happened to that sister in Tamil Nadu? Do you know? She was filled with Demonic Spirits. In reality, it was the demon speaking through her. The TPM Ministers could not even know the spirit inside her and promoted that like hot cakes. We heard from a source that the possessed lady died . We all hope that it was a lesson for us not to play around things like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDrXp9sN7xo (Could not confirm whether it is from TPM/CPM)