With Great expectation and amusement, I look forward to the Sunday sermon in my Local TPM Faith Home. Every Sunday I can hear indescribable words being screamed through the microphone which has no connections. The Pastor never disappoints me. I wonder at the misery that the neighbors have to go through hearing this kind of a mishmash. Therefore, I believe that TPM stands for Theologically Pathetic Mishmash. But what is more amusing is the believer crowd which is mesmerized by their pronouncements and never even questions any of these things. Clearly, the TPM Believers are in a drugged situation and they love the effects of this drug so much that they justify all that these TPM Ministers do. They do not care what the Bible says.
The Mishmash Cause
TPM Pastors do not even know that a new covenant is established by the death of Jesus and the veil that separated the people from the Most Holiest has been rent. They do not tell that there is a free passage for all of us to God DIRECTLY. These pastors cannot come to the realization that their mediation is not at all a requirement for a True Child of God.
Matthew 27:51 “At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split”
Mark 15:38 “The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.”
Ephesians 2:18 “Now all of us can come to the Father through the same Holy Spirit because of what Christ has done for us.”
Hebrews 4:16 “Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”
1 Timothy 2:5 “For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,”
As the TPM Pastors do not have the simple and plain understanding about the NEW COVENANT, they somehow keep proclaiming about Jesus but at the same time fool people by cunningly inserting Old Testament Ordinances and forcing it upon them. They know that they cannot follow the New Testament Principles and hence navigate by Giving INTERPRETATIONS for plain Scriptures. TPM Believers do not even know that only Prophetical or Parable passages are the ones that need interpretation. Therefore, they think that we who are quoting the scriptures are in error as we do not give any twisted interpretation to the passages.
Every one of them keeps boasting about the MOST HIGHEST STANDARD Followed by TPM. But if you ask them to mention this standard, they will tell you about their flawed interpretation of few Revelation passages and this holy cow called “Consecrated Servants of God”.
Some of the Most Popular Mishmash that I have heard
I am sure we all have heard many kinds of Doctrinal Mishmashes by TPM Pastors. They have a dangerous disease which I would term as selective amnesia. Therefore, they can ignore passages which do not suit them and twist those which they can, to control the believers. I would like to make use of this opportunity to recollect some of them
- They claim to be of the Order of Melchizedek but at the same time, I have heard many preachers saying that they belong to a special group just like the tribe of Levi. Hence they are authorized to collect the Tithe Money. I have heard of very long preachings where they have made an effort of proving their special status as levitical priests.
- TPM Pastors claim themselves equivalent to Moses to the Israelites. They use this kind of trickery to curse, manipulate, intimidate and dominate poor believers. Surprisingly most of the believers also do not even question this kind of attitude as they think they might get into trouble with God.
- They punish and excommunicate people for Divorce and Remarriage because they think that it is Adultery. However, they do not preach of Christ’s standard of Looking at a woman with Lust as Adultery, because they know that they themselves will be excommunicated by that rule. Do I want to ask, why they are falling for the Mosaic law when Christ gave a better law?
- They conveniently pick up pieces of 1 Corinthians Chapter 7 to establish their celibacy but ignore the condition that Paul is putting wherein he mentions that this is not From God but is his own choice. At the same time, they would not look at verses where Paul made himself an example by working for his sustenance.
- The Believers are supposed to be Kings and the TPM Ministers are Priests of the Kingdom of God. According to them, the Kings have to be under the ruling of the Priest as the Priests are the direct representative of God. They somehow want to juxtapose themselves as Samuel and the Believers are Saul. Nowhere in the New Testament do we find it. But they have the audacity to push the scriptures to say things which it did not say.
- They are obsessed with the Old testament hierarchy of structure among the Israelites. Therefore they always remind of a hierarchy in their sermons where the believers are the lowest in their eyes. Poor chaps do not know that in the New Testament such hierarchy is already done away with. The believer whom they think to be lower is of the same grade as them if not higher. I would put the believer at a higher level because he/she does not come with a baggage of spiritual pride.
I am sure you might remember more of these mishmashes. It would be nice if you could add more of them so that TPM folks do understand that TPM stands for Theologically Pathetic Mishmash.
God Bless you.